Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 00:36:04 UTC

Website: Download Page question

Hi,

As I walk through Download links on the website I see that we are not
consistent with the type of information we are providing and with where this
information is stored.

For example,

SDO C++ Download page [1]: contains Download information for both SDO Java
and SDO C++
SDO Java Download page [2]: contains Download information for only SDO Java

I see the following options for fixing this:
1) A Download page for SCA (Java and native), A download page for SDO (Java
and native) and a Download page for all DAS Types?
2) A spearate Download page for SCA/Java, SCA/native, SDO/Java, SDO/native,
DAS
3) A download page per implementation language, meaning a Java Download, a
native Download and under each page one would find links to all subprojects.
4) One Download page for all the projects with an index for all projects.

My preference is option 1.  If there is no strong objection, I'll go ahead
and make it consistent based on option1.

In addition to the above inconsistency, some of the links point to the old
website. For example, the home page SCA  Download link points to [3].
I am assuming that all download information should reside on cwiki now. Is
this right? If so, I'll move all information to the Wiki.

[1]: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SDO+Java+Download
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SDO+Java+Download
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca_downloads.html

Haleh