Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Devin Anderson <da...@akamai.com> on 2020/02/18 01:42:14 UTC

Apache Ignite downloads are redirecting from https to http

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list to bring up this issue.  If
I'm writing the wrong mailing list, please let me know and I'll gladly send my
message to a more appropriate list/person.

When I attempt to run `apt-get update` on Ubuntu 18.04 with the Apache Ignite
repository in /etc/apt/sources.list, the update fails due to an https to http
redirect.  Here's the output from stdout:

----------

Hit:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Hit:2 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease
Hit:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease
Ign:4 https://downloads.apache.org/ignite/deb apache-ignite InRelease
Err:5 https://downloads.apache.org/ignite/deb apache-ignite Release
   Redirection from https to
'http://dl.bintray.com/apache/ignite-deb/dists/apache-ignite/Release' is
forbidden [IP: 88.99.95.219 443]
Reading package lists...

----------

... and stderr:

----------

E: The repository 'http://apache.org/dist/ignite/deb apache-ignite Release'
does not have a Release file.

----------

You can see the redirect for yourself by visiting:

     https://downloads.apache.org/ignite/deb

... and noting that your browser is redirected to:

     http://dl.bintray.com/apache/ignite-deb/

I found one or two other places on downloads.apache.org that redirected to
dl.bintray.com, and those instances appear to redirect to an https URI, so this
looks like a problem specific to the way redirects are configured for Apache
Ignite assets.

Any ideas?

Devin

Re: Apache Ignite downloads are redirecting from https to http

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
Thanks, Ilya!

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Peter,

Fwd: Apache Ignite downloads are redirecting from https to http

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
Should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting!

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Devin Anderson <da...@akamai.com>.
::Bump::