Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 09:44:53 UTC

never create branch on main repo

Hi Folks,

Recently I noticed there's a branch named
'revert-3688-config-center-config' created on the main repo. This is
unacceptable even if you are granted with the committer privilege.

Pls. **ALWAYS** go through pull request unless you are working on release.

Thanks,
-Ian.

Re: never create branch on main repo

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
I see. It's fine, let's watch out for each other and avoid of accidental
mistake :)

Regards,
-Ian.

Posted by "Taosheng, Wei" <we...@foxmail.com>.
hi jun,

I have concerned the inappropriate of merging one's pr by one's self. I will not do it like this. About this pr, welcome to review it. If it's wrong, please tell me to fix it or would you please to fix it. Thank you!

Taosheng

From: jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu,Mar 28,2019 2:26 PM
To: dev@dubbo.apache.org <de...@dubbo.apache.org>
Subject: Re: never create branch on main repo

Hi, Taosheng

For the exact PR[1] that is related to this accident branch, I think it should be reconsidered, I am not sure if the changes in it are right, I will take a look at it later.

I noticed you merged it by yourself, since there is no sign suggests that it’s an emergency patch or in some situation worthing that, I would recommend wait for other committers to review and to decide when to merge it. I remember Huxing has a thread discussing the collaborating principles, please feel free to express your concerns on this.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/3688

Jun

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Taosheng