Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/09/30 00:10:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: starting the daemon from a command prompt

Alessandro Gigli wrote:
 > How do I do that Joost,
 > how do I start the daemon from a command prompt, to get a popup window
showing which DLL is missing,
 > and where Windows is expecting it.
 >  I dont have any experience in that and I thank you so much for helping me out.

Open the properties of the service, you can see the command that's being
executed. Start this command in a cmd-prompt.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Re: starting the daemon from a command prompt

Posted by Alessandro Gigli <al...@yahoo.it>.
Thank you so much Joost!

Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl> ha scritto:
Alessandro Gigli wrote:
> How do I do that Joost,
> how do I start the daemon from a command prompt, to get a popup window
showing which DLL is missing,
> and where Windows is expecting it.
> I dont have any experience in that and I thank you so much for helping me out.

Open the properties of the service, you can see the command that's being
executed. Start this command in a cmd-prompt.

Joost

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3

Re: [users@httpd] Re: starting the daemon from a command prompt

Posted by Octavian Rasnita <or...@fcc.ro>.
Or use the commands:

net start apache2
and
net stop apache2

Teddy

Posted by Joshua Kogut <jm...@gmail.com>.
Or just add the Apache bin folder to your include path by going to your
system properties window [windows key + pause/break] in the advanced tab, in
environment variables. Doulbe click the [path] line, and then add a
semicolon and then your apache directory, after you are done with that, and
restart, you will be able to type in apache in the dos command prompt and
have apache started. Of course, if you set the service type of Apache to
automatic, you wont have to start it via the command prompt...

On 10/1/05, Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Alessandro Gigli said:
> > Dear Joost,
> > due to the fact that I am a novice, I still dont understand what you are
> > telling me. Could you please be so kind to explain to me what I need to
> > do in a step by step fashion? with possibly easier terms.
> > I thank you so much for taking the time to reply my emails.
>
> This is for English Windows version:
> - Open Services
> - Rightclick on the apache service, and choose properties
> - There's a box 'Path to executable', remember this path (or select and
> copy)
> - Open a command prompt, and type in (or paste) this exact command.
>
> Joost

|| jmkogut ||
email: jmkogut@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Re: starting the daemon from a command prompt

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Alessandro Gigli <al...@yahoo.it>.
Dear Joost,
due to the fact that I am a novice, I still dont understand what you are telling me.  Could you please be so kind to explain to me what I need to do in a step by step fashion? with possibly easier terms.
I thank you so much for taking the time to reply my emails.
Sincerely
Alessandro