Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ke...@sunlife.com on 2002/07/09 22:59:26 UTC

Anyone heard of this tag?

We received an app from a vendor that is built on Struts and it's throwing
an exception in this tag - it's using an old version od Struts. Not sure
the version number - I do't have the code right here.

The vendor built this app on Struts and is distributing it without the
Struts source code (or their code for that matter)..

I've been through all the old "tagged releases" in the Struts cvs tree. I
can't find this tag anywhere - I'm beginning to think it must be a custom
extension the vendor created - but the stacktrace says the error is in:

      org.apache.struts.taglib.template.ProfileInsertTag.java

According to CVS this file has never existed!  (Unless I'm just looking in
the wrong place.... which is likely!).

Anyone ever heard of this tag or, better yet, have a copy of Struts source
from when it used to exist?

Re: Tag>

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 Kevin.Bedell@sunlife.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:59:26 -0400
> From: Kevin.Bedell@sunlife.com
> Subject: <templates:ProfileInsert> Tag>
>

> Anyone heard of this tag?
>
> We received an app from a vendor that is built on Struts and it's throwing
> an exception in this tag - it's using an old version od Struts. Not sure
> the version number - I do't have the code right here.
>
> The vendor built this app on Struts and is distributing it without the
> Struts source code (or their code for that matter)..
>
> I've been through all the old "tagged releases" in the Struts cvs tree. I
> can't find this tag anywhere - I'm beginning to think it must be a custom
> extension the vendor created - but the stacktrace says the error is in:
>
>       org.apache.struts.taglib.template.ProfileInsertTag.java
>
> According to CVS this file has never existed!  (Unless I'm just looking in
> the wrong place.... which is likely!).

I don't see any trace that it's ever been in the official Struts CVS (i.e.
it's not in the "Attic" directory either.

> Anyone ever heard of this tag or, better yet, have a copy of Struts source
> from when it used to exist?

Craig