Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2004/07/15 10:18:39 UTC

bug in james 2.2.0 remotedelivery?

hi there, I just want to ask if this is a bug, or if i have just tried
to use james v2.2.0 in a way that it should not be used..

I'm running james on a fixed ip but some external mail-servers does not
allow me to send mail to them because my fixed ip sits inside an
dhcp-pool for that reason I have set up james to send all outgoing mails
through my isp:s mailserver (gateway), and here is the problem.. (I have
found a sollution to the problem also)

every mail I'm sending out is comming through, however, they are not
comming through with their body, just the headers and the body is empty
(for example this mailing list complained that it needs a body of
atleast 2 chars in size)

the problem and the sollution is as following..

I HAD set up the following

<mailet match="All" class="RemoteDelivery">
             <outgoing> dbfile://maildb/spool/outgoing </outgoing>

... whick worked great for mails that was sent directly to their hosts
(before I set up the gateway directive in james)

when I changed the <outgoing>.. to use db instead of dbfile

<outgoing> db://maildb/spool/outgoing </outgoing>

everything worked great.

Is it supposed to be like this, or is it a bug? (in that case I'll try
to add it to jira

/Christian andersson

Re: bug in james 2.2.0 remotedelivery?

Posted by satmeet <gl...@satmeet.com>.
hi
i am studying at queens university ,canada , currently working on grid
computing .
my work involves making a email spam filter which could use the resources
of the grid .
  Please advise me how to write a james MAILET and MATCHER ?
and use it to scan virus with CLamAV , check against DNSBL and use the
BAYESIAN filter ?

If you have any comments or feedback about the above , please send an
e-mail message .

I look forward to hearing from you.

  thanks