Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@mapinfo.com on 2002/06/28 17:25:22 UTC

Running Tomcat3.2.1 and Tomcat4.0.3

Hi,

I need some advice.

My environment.     Window NT 2000, SP6

I'm trying to run Tomcat3.2.1 and Tomcat4.0.3 on the same machine behind
Apache 1.3.24.

Tomcat3.2.1 is using AJP12 and Tomcat4.0.3 is running AJP13 and each are
set to different ports.

In the Apache/conf/httpd.conf file, I've added Include statements for both
Tomcat3.2.1 and Tomcat4.0.3 conf files.

Now, when I startup Apache and both Tomcats, only the 3.2.1 stuff comes up.
When I try an app that is on Tomcat4.0.3, the browser just sits there
trying to load. no errors, just loads and loads.  As long as the
Apache/conf/httpd.conf file includes Tomcat3.2.1 conf. file, 4.0.3 doesn't
work.

IF I comment out the 3.2.1 stuff from httpd.conf, only then will the 4.0.3
Tomcat work.

I'm guessing Apache has a problem with either running AJP12 with AJP13, or
there is something in their Conf files thats wrong.

Thats all I can think of.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Mark