Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Nicolas LE BAS <ma...@nlebas.net> on 2012/07/04 22:24:54 UTC

Re: Project status and furure

Hi,

A quick sum up of the current situation:

* Beta testing
   A few issues have been found since the release of Tiles 3.0.0 and
associated projects. Most significant are:

   AUTOTAG-15  Add an assembly project to deploy autotag artifacts and
sources
   AUTOTAG-16  Break the reactor-level dependency of Autotag on
tiles-request-api
   TILES-553  SimpleTilesListener not working in Tiles 3.0

   All of them are now fixed, I think it is time to release again. I'd
like to release Autotag 1.1.0 (AUTOTAG-16 breaks compatibility at
compile-level by introducing generics), Request 1.0.1 (migration to
Autotag 1.1.0) and Tiles 3.0.1.

* Next 3.x version
   The git mirror is working again, and Mck and I are slowly improving
Tiles and Request with new features (or the same features with a broader
scope). Those works are filed in JIRA, the release date is unpredictable
as yet.

* Next 2.x version
   Still nobody interested in testing 2.2.x, so we can't release the
bugs we've fixed.

   If you agree, I'll post on the users list to ask for testers to join
the dev team, failing that we won't release any more 2.2.x version,
effectively dropping support.

Nick.

Re: Project status and furure

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a good plan. Thanks for all your work!

Greg