Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2011/01/11 12:41:57 UTC

Re: deprecate XML package in 3.1

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for a belated reply and thanks for describing your XML serialization scenario. I think it sorta proves my point that current serialization framework only works in very special cases (e.g. in your case we have a single entity per serialization run, no handling of relationships, and no real-time performance requirements). And this particular special case is fairly straightforward to build from scratch.

Cheers,
Andrus