Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hayes, Peter" <Pe...@FMR.COM> on 2007/10/04 16:32:12 UTC

Multi-module deploy results in partial deployment on module build failure

I have noticed that during a multi-module deploy build it is possible
that poms / artifacts are deployed to the repository even if a
subsequent module fails and the build is stopped.  This seems to be
suboptimal (from my perspective).  Are there any thoughts about making
this an all-or-nothing function?

Peter Hayes
Architecture & Shared Technology Services | Fidelity Investments
Management Technology

Re: Multi-module deploy results in partial deployment on module build failure

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Making deployment a transactional procedure has been discussed and is
certainly on the minds of the Maven Dev team, but I don't believe
there is any particular timeframe to resolve this issue. I imagine
there's a JIRA already posted -- you may want to search for it and
vote/watch it.

Wayne

Posted by "Hayes, Peter" <Pe...@fmr.com>.
Interesting.  We are planning on using snapshot builds.  What are the
issues you have faced?

try a build process that does not involve deploying snapshots, it will
make
your life a _lot_ easier

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: Multi-module deploy results in partial deployment on module build failure

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer