Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Graaf, Edgar de (fin)" <Ed...@ordina.nl> on 2002/05/28 10:27:54 UTC

html2jpg

Hi,

I want to make a jpg from a html. Is there someone who at least converts
html to svg?

thanks,

Edgar

Re: html2jpg

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Graaf, Edgar de (fin) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to make a jpg from a html. Is there someone who at least converts
> html to svg?

Search for one of the HTML->XSLFO converters (AntennaHouse
is often mentioned) and generate a FO file, then use FOP's
SVG renderer to create a SVG, then render it with Batik.
It's a rather fragile process, though.

J.Pietschmann

Re: html2jpg

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Graaf, Edgar de (fin)" <Ed...@ordina.nl>

> Hi,
>
> I want to make a jpg from a html. Is there someone who at least converts
> html to svg?

Are you sure that want html2jpg and not xml2jpg?
There is a sample in cocoon for performing: XML -> SVG -> JPG generation.
For using HTML for this you should use Tidy to generate XHTML from it and
then use an XHTML -> SVG -> JPG pipeline.

Konstantin

Re: html2jpg

Posted by Paul Gilligan <pd...@oyap.net>.
SVG I guess