Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2007/12/07 23:42:47 UTC

RE: Value can't be changed in bean extended from AbstractControllerof Spring

> From: kkus [mailto:kk_us@hotmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Value can't be changed in bean extended from
> AbstractControllerof Spring
>
> But Java can handle hot-swapping for normal Java application
> automatically, so still can't understand why Tomcant can't work
> this way.

Your assumption is incorrect.  Java doesn't handle hot-swapping
automatically; the application (or the environment it's running in) must
make use of the redefineClasses() method of the
java.lang.instrument.Instrumentation interface.  JBoss has code to do
this (part of its AOP implementation), but Tomcat itself does not.
JVMTI agents available with Eclipse, NetBeans, etc., may be able to do
it, but I can't say I'm familiar with them.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.