Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Wayne Cope <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 13:27:14 UTC

Figuring Out Insertion Location for PowerPoint Templates

Hi there,

Given a PowerPoint template, does anybody have a recommended way of figuring
out the bounding box area of where I could programatically insert tables of
text (using tables or a series of text items) or charts?

Ideally this information would be in the template itself, and template
designers would just need to put a tag in, and my application would insert
the stuff into where the tag is in the template.  If that can be done, I can
use the text extraction to figure out where to put stuff, but how would I
know if the text/table/chart/series of text, would fit into the area etc.?

Thanks...