Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/13 20:18:48 UTC

[2.x] SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Per discussion in [1] I'd like to start getting a SCA 2.0 milestone
release out in the next couple weeks.
As for the contents for this first milestone, I'd like to propose :

- OSGi Enabled core
- Implementation.java
- A subset of samples and itests working with both JSE and Equinox

And as a stretch goal based on the bring up status at the time we cut
the release

- Binding.ws
- Binding.rmi

BTW, I have created a wiki page to track the release progress [2]

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg03891.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+2.0-M1

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [2.x] SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Ramkumar R wrote:
> +1 from me.
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Per discussion in [1] I'd like to start getting a SCA 2.0 milestone
>> release out in the next couple weeks.
>> As for the contents for this first milestone, I'd like to propose :
>>
>> - OSGi Enabled core
>> - Implementation.java
>> - A subset of samples and itests working with both JSE and Equinox
>>
>> And as a stretch goal based on the bring up status at the time we cut
>> the release
>>
>> - Binding.ws
>> - Binding.rmi
>>
>> BTW, I have created a wiki page to track the release progress [2]
>>
>> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg03891.html
>> [2]
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+2.0-M1

+1 Yes I also would like to see this and participate in the release.
--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: [2.x] SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [2.x] SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond

I agree it would be good to make more progress on some of those active
questions, would it be worth getting a little more done before doing an M1?
Its good to keep up a regular drumbeat of releases but we have just done a
1.4 release last week and there are still quite a lot of items not yet done
that are targeted for 2.0 M1 on the roadmap wiki page and in the 2.0-M1 JIRA
list. So how about working through a few more of those and aiming for an M1
release for next month?

   ...ant

Re: [2.x] SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Regards

Simon

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Java+SCA+Roadmap

Re: [2.x] SCA 2.0 first milestone release

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Thanks,
Raymond