Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Keith Hatton <kh...@axiomsystems.com> on 2004/07/14 10:53:47 UTC

Download of old POI versions?

Hi,

Previously I have had success reading Excel files with POI/HSSF.

Now I have a requirement to update a spreadsheet, and I think I may be encountering bug 28744. I have been able to find a download of the 2.0-RC2 release which works fine for me, but is there a 2.0-final release anywhere for download? I am surprised that all the links on the POI website only give access to the 2.5 release.

Thanks,
Keith

Re: HWPF

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 13:02, wolfgang unger wrote:
> in this directory are two files(ReadTitle.java and ReadCustom.....java).
> I've taken a look in these two files before...
> Is my source or examples directoy out of date or are these
> (short)examples all available source?

In the CVS HEAD version there are also CopyCompare.java,
WriteAuthorAndTitle.java, and WriteTitle.java for writing properties.

> They don't offer so much practical stuff...
> Goto bookmarks, variables, fields and read the text...
> write in fields, variables....
> create tables....

Oh, no, HPSF does not deal with documents' contents but just with the
properties like author, title etc. These are stored outside the document
in a so-called property set stream.

> Do you know a tutorial for this kind of stuff?

No, sorry. Ryan, can you help?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Re: HWPF

Posted by wolfgang unger <wo...@gmx.de>.
Thanks Rainer,

in this directory are two files(ReadTitle.java and ReadCustom.....java).
I've taken a look in these two files before...
Is my source or examples directoy out of date or are these
(short)examples all available source?
They don't offer so much practical stuff...
Goto bookmarks, variables, fields and read the text...
write in fields, variables....
create tables....
Do you know a tutorial for this kind of stuff?

Kind regards
Wolfgang

Re: HWPF

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@gmx.de>.
Hi Wolfgang!

HWPF

Posted by wolfgang unger <wo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I didn't found many tuts or examples for
HWPf so far(except Quicktest.java).
I tried the stuff by my own...
I can read Word-Dots(also from tables and cells),
read the format and write (formatted) text in a doc.
Right now I try to insert a table
in a doc, but it's not working so far...
Has anyone an example file(not only for tables, also
for other tasks in word-docs) for HWPF (or HPSF).

Kind regard Wolfgang

Re: Download of old POI versions?

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/poi/release/bin/

In general archive.apache.org is the canonical source of old releases.

Yeah , I'm sure it could be better documented. Patches anyone? :)

AW: Download of old POI versions?

Posted by "KHZ (SAW)" <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi Keith.

Use e.g.