Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stavros Kounis <sk...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/20 23:18:18 UTC

Cocoon try to read /root/.cocoon/settings.properties

Hi all

I try to setup Cocoon in a GoDaddy Hosting account that support JAVA.
I have upload in this account a cocoon 2.1.9 build, builded in a
redhat box, and tested there successful.

For some reason cocoon try to read /root/.cocoon/settings.properties that cause
"Initialization Problem" error:

<snip>
Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

access denied (java.io.FilePermission /root/.cocoon/settings.properties read)

request-uri

/escaleapp/welcome

Apache Cocoon 2.1.9
</snip>

has anyone any answer why does this happened and how is it possible to
be solved?

you can get this error message here:
http://www.osmosisnet.com/escaleapp/welcome

thank you in advance
stavros
--
Stavros S. Kounis
Osmosis networks & consulting   http://www.osmosis.gr

Re: Cocoon try to read /root/.cocoon/settings.properties

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Stavros,

It seems like the application is running using the root user. First, I
wonder why the application run using the root user. Without regard of
the previous point, I also wonder why the application does not have
access to the requested path, whichis supposed to be the root home. You
should check the file system permissions.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.