Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com> on 2021/03/04 17:20:38 UTC

Re: Support Needed

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 9:13 AM <Sr...@t-systems.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> We are using Guacamole in our environment to access AWS EC2 Instances.
>
> We are further developing on solution to automate access to machine on
> button click.
>
> For this we want to know,
>
> 1)      How to disable authentication while login to Guacamole Server

You should *never* do this. See:
http://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#disable-auth

> 2)      How guacamole server generate URL on machine click.
> 3)      We need this url so that we can open this url on button click.

The way to automatically log in users based on an external source of
authentication, automatically direct users to a connection based on an
external source of authorization/configuration, etc. is through writing a
Guacamole extension that does exactly that.

There are existing extensions aimed at making this easier. The
guacamole-auth-json extension was written at my day job to do this. It has
since become part of the guacamole-client codebase:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/master/extensions/guacamole-auth-json

See also:

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer