Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Kartashov, Andy" <An...@mpac.ca> on 2012/11/01 20:11:27 UTC

RE: cluster set-up / a few quick questions - SOLVED

People,

While I did not find start-balancer.sh script on my machine I successfully utilized the following command:

"$hadoop balancer -threshold 10" and achieved  the exact same result.

One issue remains. Controlling start/stop  daemons of the slaves through the master. Somehow I don't have dfs-start/stop.sh nor dfs-start-all.sh script on my machine either.  For now, I am starting  dfs and mapreduce daemons on each slave manually and individually.

Can someone post the content of the script star-all.sh so I could utilize it for my environment.

Thanks,
AK47

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
you can get the script from hadoop codebase at
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/hadoop/common<http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/hadoop/common/trunk/>

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: cluster set-up / a few quick questions - SOLVED

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: cluster set-up / a few quick questions - SOLVED

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: cluster set-up / a few quick questions - SOLVED

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar