Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Temple <jo...@virtuant.com> on 2001/05/25 00:59:25 UTC

region help once again

I understood what Arved was trying to explain to me but I just don't
understand why FOP is wasting the space at the bottom of the page I think
that my code is right but if I decrease the extent for region-after I start
loosing data.  Is this a problem with FOP or my lack of experience with the
use of it.  I am including the resulting PDF and a piece of my code.  If
anyone can help please do I am already 2 weeks behind on this project and I
am so close.

      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="BillofLading"
                page-width="8.5in"
                page-height="11.0in"
                margin-top="0.09in"
                margin-bottom="0.09in"
                margin-left="0.59in"
                margin-right="0.59in">
         <fo:region-body margin-top="3.0in" margin-bottom="3.9in"/>
         <fo:region-before extent="5.18in"/>
         <fo:region-after extent="4.18in"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

Re: region help once again

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 11:59 PM 5/24/01 +0100, John Temple wrote:
>I understood what Arved was trying to explain to me but I just don't
>understand why FOP is wasting the space at the bottom of the page I think
>that my code is right but if I decrease the extent for region-after I start
>loosing data.  Is this a problem with FOP or my lack of experience with the
>use of it.  I am including the resulting PDF and a piece of my code.  If
>anyone can help please do I am already 2 weeks behind on this project and I
>am so close.
>
>      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="BillofLading"
>                page-width="8.5in"
>                page-height="11.0in"
>                margin-top="0.09in"
>                margin-bottom="0.09in"
>                margin-left="0.59in"
>                margin-right="0.59in">
>         <fo:region-body margin-top="3.0in" margin-bottom="3.9in"/>
>         <fo:region-before extent="5.18in"/>
>         <fo:region-after extent="4.18in"/>
>      </fo:simple-page-master>

Hi, John

You must have "margin-top" and "margin-bottom" values, on fo:region-body,
which equal or exceed the corresponding "extent" values on fo:region-before
and fo:region-after. For example,

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="BillofLading"
                page-width="8.5in"
                page-height="11.0in"
                margin-top="0.09in"
                margin-bottom="0.09in"