Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Chris Black <cb...@lotuscat.com> on 2003/04/25 16:54:52 UTC

devel versions of supporting software (was Re: lenya/wyona status and cocoon/tomcat versions)

Markus, thanks for the information/clarification! But could you or
someone else address whether lenya actually needs/uses any of the new
features of the devel versions of ant, tomcat and cocoon or if that is
just what lenya is most tested on by developers?

Thanks again,
Chris

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 00:52, Markus Vaterlaus wrote:
> Hi Cris, hi list,

[snippage]

> To set up a instance of Lenya it's advisable, that you use "supporting"
> software which Lenya was tested against. You'll find the these pieces
> of software (Tomcat, Cocoon, Ant, Libraries) at
> <http://www.wyona.org/lenya/>
[more snippage]

Re: devel versions of supporting software (was Re: lenya/wyona statusand cocoon/tomcat versions)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Markus Vaterlaus wrote:
> Hi Gregor, hi list,
>
> Am Freitag, 25.04.03 um 17:00 Uhr schrieb Gregor J. Rothfuss:
>

>> But could you or
>> someone else address whether lenya actually needs/uses any of the new
>> features of the devel versions of
>> <<
>>

>> ant, -> xslt features. so yes
>> tomcat -> endorsed libs, better virtual host support
>> cocoon  -> scores of features. lenya will NOT run on older cocoons
>>

>> or if that is
>> just what lenya is most tested on by developers?
>> <<
>>
>> that is not an or, but an "and". with the large number of jdk versions,
>> servlet container, cocoon, platforms, we have to restrain ourselves.
>> talk about combinatorial explosions :)
>>

> Even, if there is a almost infinite number of combinations are there any
> experiences on Lenya running on any other servlet container than tomcat?
> Just asking out of curiosity.

Well, Lenya should run on any servlet engine, where Cocoon is able to
run on:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html

Michael

> Markus
>
>> hope this helps
>>
>> -gregor

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: devel versions of supporting software (was Re: lenya/wyona statusand cocoon/tomcat versions)

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch>.
Hi Gregor, hi list,