Posted to announce@apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2009/03/19 18:00:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CXF 2.2 released

The Apache CXF team is proud to announce the availability of the 2.2 release.

Apache CXF is an open source services framework. CXF helps you build and
develop services using frontend programming APIs, like JAX-WS. These services
can speak a variety of protocols such as SOAP, XML/HTTP, RESTful HTTP, or
CORBA and work over a variety of transports such as HTTP, JMS or JBI.

CXF includes a broad feature set, but it is primarily focused on the following
areas:

* Web Services Standards Support: CXF supports a variety of web service
standards including SOAP, the WSI Basic Profile, WSDL, WS-Addressing, WS-
Policy, WS-ReliableMessaging, and WS-Security.

* REST based service creation based on JAX-RS standard API's.

* Frontends: CXF supports a variety of "frontend" programming models. CXF
provides a JAX-WS 2.1 Compliant frontend. It also includes a "simple frontend"
which allows creation of clients and endpoints without annotations. CXF
supports both contract first development with WSDL and code first development
starting from Java.

* Ease of use: CXF is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. There  are
simple APIs to quickly build code-first services, Maven plug-ins to make
tooling integration easy, JAX-WS API support, Spring 2.0 XML support to make
configuration a snap, and much more.

What's new in CXF 2.2:
 * WS-SecurityPolicy support
 * WS-SecureConversation
 * Some WS-Trust support (client side)
 * JAX-RS 1.0 (not TCK compliant yet)
 * MANY MANY bugfixes, performance enhancements, etc...  Too numerous to list
individually.

As always, we welcome feedback on our mailing lists:

Downloads are available from:
http://cxf.apache.org/download.html

Thanks!
The Apache CXF Team
http://cxf.apache.org/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CXF 2.2 released

Posted by Arul Dhesiaseelan <ar...@fluxcorp.com>.
Congratulations Dan and team.

I am excited for the JSR311 1.0 API support in CXF alongside JAXWS.
Thanks Sergey for making this happen.

-Arul

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Should be all set now.  Forced an additional sync to central to get the rest
of the files.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CXF 2.2 released

Re: CXF 2.2 released / maven repository

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Ack...  I must have done the copy to the sync repo in the middle of the daily
sync to central.   All the files are on people.apache.org, but not all of them
made it to central.    I'm not used being on Pacific time.   Normally, I'm in
bed before the daily sync.  :-)

Anyway, I've forced a sync for the cxf stuff so the files should be there now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

CXF 2.2 released / maven repository

Posted by Tedman Leung <te...@sfu.ca>.

--
                                                           Ted Leung
                                                           tedman@sfu.ca

It is easier to speak wisely than to act wisely.