Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bud Bach <ww...@ameritech.net> on 2005/04/28 06:03:35 UTC

JSPs slow to compile?

I am running Liferay Portal Pro 3.3 under tomcat 5.5.9 on fedora fc3
running on a 1.2ghz p4 w/ 3gb ram.  Initial page loads are taking on the
order of 30 seconds.  After the initial page load, it takes just a
second to reload.  30 seconds seems like a long time to initially
compile the page and load it.  Do I potentially have something
misconfigured?

Also, I've tried to precompile the pages with the script in the docs on
the tomcat website but the script fails with a NullPointerException.
Has anyone else successfully precompiled JSPs under 5.5 with the script
on this page:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html

?  Thanks.  -- Bud

Re: JSPs slow to compile?

Posted by Bud Bach <ww...@ameritech.net>.
Hummm...  Just changed the jasper init parameter "development" to false
in conf/web.xml and now pages load in a couple of seconds or less.  Why
the "huge" difference?  Any tips to make it even faster?

-- Bud