Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Marc Veary <nw...@googlemail.com> on 2007/07/02 09:39:46 UTC

DefaultUserInfoService

Hi All,
Just got the HEAD from SVN and was checking over the changes as I try
to keep this in sync with the code I am using.  I noticed the
following does not seem to be correct:

    public Map getUserInfo(PortletRequest request)
        throws PortletContainerException {
        if ( request.getRemoteUser() != null ) {
        	Map info = (Map)userInfoMap.get(request.getRemoteUser());
            if ( info == null ) {
                return Collections.EMPTY_MAP;
            }
        }
        return new HashMap();
    }

This ALWAYS returns an EMPTY MAP?  Whereas the previous version
returned the userInfoMap from the request.  I think the attempt was to
return an empty map if the 'info' was null?

Kind regards,
--
Marc

Re: DefaultUserInfoService

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.

Marc Veary wrote:
> The portal is not yet released - when it is I'll let you know and the
> site can be added.

Great!

> I assume you are US based?

Yep, a lot of us are but not everyone -

> Thanks for the discussion - hope to chat again soon.

No problem,

Best
Elliot

Posted by Marc Veary <nw...@googlemail.com>.