Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Doug Rayner <dr...@savicom.net> on 2004/02/05 02:29:39 UTC

Problem using $row used in

I was able to use $row in an <option> tag within a <td> tag ijn V1.3.6, but
this does not seem to work any more in v2.0.
Was there some change in the behavior between 1.3 and 2.0?

Code snippet:

  URL of Web Site where subscriptions occurred:
  <select onChange='document.main.source_url_1.value=this.value'><option
value="[+ $sourceURLValue[$row] +]">[+ $sourceURLOption[$row]
+]</option></select>
  <input type="text" name="source_url_1" value="http://" size="36">

This used to generate a selector with appropriate <options> as defined in
$sourceURLValue[] and $sourceURLOption[] in the desired table cell.  Now it
seems to cause some cryptic compiler error (note: the line number reported
is beyond the end of the script):

[29353]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Unmatched right curly bracket at
/app/recipient/add.html line 353, at end of line
syntax error at /home/drayner/www/htdocs/app/recipient/add.html line 353,
near ";

}"

Thanks and regards,

Doug Rayner
Senior System Architect
Savicom: Next Generation eMail Marketing
http://www.savicom.net
(415) 617-9006

Re: Problem using $row used in

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I was able to use $row in an <option> tag within a <td> tag ijn
> V1.3.6, but this does not seem to work any more in v2.0.
> Was there some change in the behavior between 1.3 and 2.0?

That should still work....

> This used to generate a selector with appropriate <options> as
> defined in $sourceURLValue[] and $sourceURLOption[] in the desired
> table cell.  Now it seems to cause some cryptic compiler error (note:
> the line number reported is beyond the end of the script):
>
> [29353]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Unmatched right curly bracket at
> /app/recipient/add.html line 353, at end of line
> syntax error at /home/drayner/www/htdocs/app/recipient/add.html line
> 353, near ";
>
> }"

... somebody reported a similar error a few days before and it seems that
this is a bug in Embperl. I am looking after it and it will be fixed soon. I
let you know when it's done.

Gerald

Re: Problem using $row used in

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> [29353]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Unmatched right curly bracket at
> /app/recipient/add.html line 353, at end of line
> syntax error at /home/drayner/www/htdocs/app/recipient/add.html line
> 353, near ";
>
> }"

It's now fixed in the CVS version.

To fix the problem simply delete line 231 in epcomp.c:

pInfo -> pEmbperlCmds[nNodeName].bPerlCodeRemove |= pCmd -> bPerlCodeRemove
;

The problem only occurs if your select tag doesn't have a name attribute

Gerald