Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Harel Gliksman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/07 17:14:28 UTC

Keyspace uppercase name issues

Hi,

We have a Cassandra cluster with Keyspaces that were created using the
thrift api and thei names contain upper case letters.
We are trying to use the new Datastax driver (version 2.1.4, maven's latest
) but encountering some problems due to upper case handling.

Datastax provide this guidance on how to handle lower-upper cases:
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cql/3.0/cql/cql_reference/ucase-lcase_r.html

However, there seems to be something confusing in the API.

Attached a small java code that reproduces the problem.

Many thanks,
Harel.

Re: Keyspace uppercase name issues

Posted by Harel Gliksman <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ajay for your reply,

My problem is not with the cqlsh interface, but with the java Datastax
driver.
It seems that for cqlsh, one needs to simply quote names that contain upper
cases.
With the driver, I experience inconsistent handling of upper case. Either I
am doing something wrong, or there's some minor bug.

Posted by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com>.