Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe Kmoch <km...@whs.edu> on 2002/04/02 02:37:30 UTC

rewrite rule w/o index.html reference

I managed to figure out the rewrite rules needed to access a part of my
site through a simpler command like   www.whs.edu/x  where x is some part
of our site buried pretty deep.

In any case, here's what I put in .htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase     /teacher-recruiting
RewriteRule     ^index\.html$    teacher-recruitment-2002.html

This works except that I need a blank file named index.html - I tried a
few things in that third line, but nothing worked.  I worked with the
mod_rewrite.html document, but nothing here or in the other site with
samples seems to do the trick.

Can someone lead me to what I want?

Thanks!

Joe
--
Joe Kmoch                                     Washington High School
Director, Academy of Information Technology   2525 N. Sherman Blvd

Re: rewrite rule w/o index.html reference

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Imho you can't live without index, because when it comes to .htaccess
URL to FS mapping is already done. You should use rewrite from main
config or use simplier Alias there...

îÁ 2002.04.02 03:37 Joe Kmoch ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: