Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/01 05:46:35 UTC

Re: Querying Hbase table from Hive without mounting

Hi Manju,

If I am understanding correctly what you are trying to do, there is no
current great to achieve that with the existing hive hbase integration.
Ofcourse you can read and write data to HBase like you mentioned, but that
is pretty much it. If you need more fine grained access like accessing a
particular version or timestamp, I would recommend you to look at Apache
Phoenix[1].

Hope that helps.

[1] http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/

--