Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/05/16 18:53:27 UTC

Removing rewritelog?

Anyone think we should remove RewriteLog/RewriteLogLevel while
we're at it?  -- justin

Re: Removing rewritelog?

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Anyone think we should remove RewriteLog/RewriteLogLevel while
> we're at it?  -- justin

No.  RewriteLog is a different story: you almost never want to run with
RewriteLog turned on in production, it's basically only used in debugging.
And when you're debugging it, it's handy to be able to tweak the debug
verbosity up and down until you figure out what's going on, and then when
it works, you turn the bloody thing off.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA