Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Skop <je...@intellimart.com> on 2000/12/21 14:13:30 UTC

Please Help

Greetings:

I followed the instructions for Tomcat IIS how to resulting in the successful installation of the ISAPI filter; however, files with
jsp extensions only work under the virtual directory as noted in your step 7 as shown below. This results unfortunately with JSPs
only executing under the /jakarta virtual directory so that the resulting URL is, for example,
http://www.domainname.com/jakarta/index.jsp.

Ideally, I want to be able to configure Tomcat and IIS so that IIS will allow JSPs to be executed by Tomcat at the root of my Web
server directory structure--instead of a virtual directory, for example, http://www.domainname.com/index.jsp .

Can this be done? If so, how? If you don't understand my question, please call me at 770 495 9327.

7. Using the IIS management console, add a new virtual directory to your IIS/PWS web site. The name of the virtual directory must be
jakarta. Its physical path should be the directory where you placed isapi_redirect.dll (in our example it is
c:\jakarta-tomcat\bin\win32\i386). While creating this new virtual directory assign it with execute access.

Jeff Skop,
IntelliMart Corporation
770 495 9327