Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcos Oliva <MO...@SeeBeyond.com> on 2003/04/10 20:09:26 UTC

RE: j_security

Hello

I am using the tomcat security level to check onto my application user
and role tables.

Now base on the user's role I would like to send them (forward them) to
the correct index.jsp page.

How can that be implemented, I have tried getting the j_security object
but I am not going nowhere here.

Any suggestions

Marcos oliva

Re: j_security

Posted by James Dickson <jd...@v1.wustl.edu>.
Create a action /secure/logon.do and make it secure in the web.xml.

Link to this action and it will be diverted to your login.jsp page as
per j_security_check. Once the login in submitted you will forward back
to your logon.do. The  action will probe isUserInRole(String roleName)
and then forward to the appropriate index.jsp page.

james