Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by marjana <mi...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/02/01 17:18:28 UTC

enable_table_replication error "Found no peer"

Hello,
I am using Hbase 1.2.0. I have 2 clusters, same version, one is master, the
other slave. I created a peer on master and it shows as enabled:

hbase(main):003:0> list_peers
 PEER_ID CLUSTER_KEY STATE TABLE_CFS
 1
zookeeper1.adm01.com,zookeeper2.adm01.com,zookeeper3.adm01.com:2181:/hbase
ENABLED
1 row(s) in 0.0320 seconds

When I try to enable table replication for 1 table, it tells me:

base(main):002:0> enable_table_replication 'maja'

ERROR: Found no peer cluster for replication.

If I alter table and change REPLICATION_SCOPE to 1, it works fine, I see
rows being replicated to my slave cluster.
If I run verifyRep and use this peer id, it also works.
Anyone knows why enable_table_replication would not work? It is much more
convenient to just run enable_table_replication, which would also create a
table in the slave cluster if it didn't exist.

Another note: running "disable_table_replication 'maja'" works just fine.

Thanks

Re: enable_table_replication error "Found no peer"

Posted by marjana <mi...@us.ibm.com>.
hm this is production env, upgrading it is not going to happen any time soon.
Good to know about this bug, thanks. Beats me why it used to work when all I
changed was the zookeeper of the target cluster. Znode stayed the same.

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
Maybe is related to this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15393
give a try with 1.2.4?

thanks,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
Thats interesting. Are you using a non-standard configuration for
replication? maybe a different parent ZK root znode?

thanks,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.