Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> on 2017/11/28 18:50:43 UTC

Selecting in the Shadow(s)DOM

Hi all,

There's discussion beginning around selecting text that lives inside multiple Shadow DOM's used by Web Components:

https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues/79

There's a bit of talk about serialization of selections as well as loads of links to proposals, existing specs, etc.

This is an area we should probably keep and eye on and contribute to (if possible / where it makes sense).

I'm keeping an eye on that and other things in the Publishing Working Group [1] and Open Annotation Community Group [2] progress and discussions and try and highlight them here when they seem valuable. :)

Both of those groups do have public mailing lists, and it'd be great to have more input (especially from implementers!) in both groups. Hope to see you there! ;)

Cheers,
Benjamin

[1] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/
[2] https://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/