Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/11 21:38:59 UTC

Migrating WAR to WAB converter

Hi,

Is anyone planning to migrate the WAR to WAB converter donated by IBM
to trunk any time soon? If not, and if there are no objections I can
work on moving that code to trunk.

Jarek

Re: Migrating WAR to WAB converter

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Valentin, thanks, that sounds right to me, iiuc. :)

Lin

Posted by Valentin Mahrwald <vm...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Valentin,

Posted by Valentin Mahrwald <vm...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks for the explanation Jarek. It makes much more sense to me now.

Then as far as reusing the same code is concerned there is four choices:
- have a common converter bundle used by the application
BundleConverter as well as the webbundle handler
- make the webbundle handler reuse the BundleConverter
- make the BundleConverter reuse the webbundle handler
- have everything in a single bundle.

My personal preference would be the third choice, keeping a minimum of
separation without unnecessary bundle. Also, I think the
BundleConverter interface is the more general one. However, that
choice would mean the webbundle handler bundle would have imports from
application API. I assume that would not be a problem in Genorimo,
right?

What do people think?

Valentin

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Migrating WAR to WAB converter

Posted by Valentin Mahrwald <vm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Lin,

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Charles,

The most current public specification for this is the "Web Container
Specification" in this draft:
http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-enterprise-early-draft4.pdf

Regards, Graham.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.