Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net> on 2015/03/24 10:05:46 UTC

New Modules or Module Freeze?

Dear all,

Romain and I had a small dispute in Jira if we should add new modules to
Tamaya or not.

So I would like to discuss with you if we should be allowed to add new
modules or if we should stop adding new modules. It is ok for me to
develop the modules I need or would like to see in Tamaya as external
extension on GitHub.

WDYT?

Bye,

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: New Modules or Module Freeze?

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
I would't find it quite strange having some modules from project committers
on GH. We might define an sandbox and a "release" modules part. Modules go
first into sandbox and then into the modules/"release" part. Some of the
modules currently in the modules tree would definitively move into the
sandbox, especially the ones that are not yet implemented ;)

--
*Anatole Tresch*
Java Engineer & Architect, JSR Spec Lead

*Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1*
*Twitter:  @atsticks*
*Blogs: **http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/
<http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/>*

*Google: atsticksMobile  +41-76 344 62 79*

Re: New Modules or Module Freeze?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, generally sandbox is kind of open bar, you do what you want - being
said you don't destroy other work ;). Then a vote/discussion would be
needed if we want to release or pull ou tof sandbox a module. But while it
is in sandbox you should be free IMO

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.