Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2019/07/27 21:38:36 UTC

Eclipse error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:calcite

When I try to debug through a test method on Eclipse, I regularly get this
error and I have to waste another 3-4 minutes to run the build again using
maven.

After I run the maven build (mvn clean install), I get the chance to debug
through my test method a few times, then this method starts appearing again
and blocks the execution of my test method.

Does anyone know how can I resolve this please ?

Thanks,
Gelbana

Re: Eclipse error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:calcite

Posted by Andrei Sereda <an...@sereda.cc>.
I think the problem is that DriverManager doesn't see (register) calcite
specific META-INF/services/java.sql.Driver file in the classpath (not
copied?)

One work-around is to manually call:

Class.forName("org.apache.calcite.jdbc.Driver")
or directly
new org.apache.calcite.jdbc.Driver();

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
What do you mean by "refresh" ?