Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/27 03:58:35 UTC

RE: POM5 proposal (a long-winded response)

************************maven.mdo**************
<model>
  <id>maven</id>
  <name>Maven</name>
  <description>
    <![CDATA[
    <ul>

**********where http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd looks like******************
<xs:element name="scm" minOccurs="0" type="Scm">
−
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation source="version">4.0.0</xs:documentation>
−
<xs:documentation source="description">
            Specification for the SCM used by the project, such as CVS, Subversion, etc.
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>

**************where scm ComplexType is defined as *******************
<xs:complexType name="Scm">
−
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation source="version">4.0.0</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
−
<xs:all>
−
<xs:element name="connection" minOccurs="0" type="xs:string">
−
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation source="version">4.0.0</xs:documentation>
−
<xs:documentation source="description">
              The source control management system URL
              that describes the repository and how to connect to the
              repository. For more information, see the
              and <a href="http://maven.apache.org/scm/scms-overview.html">list of supported SCMs</a>.
              This connection is read-only.
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
−
<xs:element name="developerConnection" minOccurs="0" type="xs:string">
−
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation source="version">4.0.0</xs:documentation>
−
<xs:documentation source="description">
            Just like <code>connection</code>, but for developers, i.e. this scm connection
            will not be read only.
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
−
<xs:element name="tag" minOccurs="0" type="xs:string" default="HEAD">
−
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation source="version">4.0.0</xs:documentation>
−
<xs:documentation source="description">
            The tag of current code. By default, it's set to HEAD during development.
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
−
<xs:element name="url" minOccurs="0" type="xs:string">
−
<xs:annotation>
<xs:documentation source="version">4.0.0</xs:documentation>
−
<xs:documentation source="description">
            The URL to the project's browsable SCM repository, such as ViewVC or Fisheye.
</xs:documentation>
</xs:annotation>
</xs:element>
</xs:all>
</xs:complexType>

the additional elements could be added to child elements of a new 'Scm2' element which is of name="Scm" (ComplexType Scm)
1)is it possible to accurately identify the name and type of all additional elements for new element Scm2 ?
2)what is mares next?

Martin
excruciatingly long disclaimer goes here