Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anthony Martin <An...@TRAMS.com> on 2002/08/19 21:01:48 UTC

"Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log" after upgrade to Struts 1.1-b2

What could cause this type of error in my index.jsp?  It started after I
upgraded to Struts 1.1-b2, but I get this message even after going back to
the previous version.  I'm sure it some configuration on this workstation
because my other workstation was fine after the upgrade.

Any hints or ideas would be helpful...

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:530)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:285)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:255)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:375)
 at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.<clinit>(MessageResources.java:105)
 at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.<clinit>(MessageTag.java:257)
 at org.apache.jsp.index$jsp._jspService(index$jsp.java:106)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:202)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
 .
 .
 .

Anthony