Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/31 02:11:25 UTC

tsk, tsk.

<scold>
   Is is too much to ask that the unit tests be run before checkin?
</scold>

buildTest:
     [echo] junit package found ...
    [javac] Compiling 23 source files to D:\jakarta\xml-axis\java\build
    [javac] D:\jakarta\xml-axis\java\test\RPCDispatch\TestRPC.java:68: unreported exception org.apache.axis.AxisFault; must be caught or declared to
be thrown
    [javac]         msgContext.setTargetService(SOAPAction);
    [javac]                   ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
    [javac] 1 error

If one gets past this, one see that there is indeed a NullPointerException
in RPCDispatchHandler, line 82.  Apparent cause,
msgContext.getServiceHandler() returning null.

- Sam Ruby

Re: tsk, tsk.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
I did run the unit tests before checkin, and they ran just fine, since I'd
fixed the RPCDispatch test almost exactly as Rob did.

However, it was apparently too much to ask that I check in the entire java/
directory instead of just java/src..... *sigh*  Thanks Rob!

--Glen