Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/05/16 05:03:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.0.0 (rc1)

Hey Everybody,

I'm happy to propose a new release of Apache Drill, version 1.0.0.  This is
the second release candidate (rc1).  It includes a few issues found earlier
today and covers a total of 228 JIRAs*.

The vote will be open for 72 hours ending at 8pm Pacific, May 18, 2015.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

thanks,
Jacques

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313820&version=12325568
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jacques/apache-drill-1.0.0.rc1/

*Note, the previous rc0 vote email undercounting the number of closed JIRAs.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.0.0 (rc1)

Posted by Chun Chang <cc...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

This release candidate is a lot more stable in term of resource handling. I
bombarded a four node cluster with queries from multiple concurrent threads
for 72 hours, DRILL is stable and performed well. No performance
degradation noticed.

Posted by Steven Phillips <sp...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
 Steven Phillips
 Software Engineer

 mapr.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.0.0 (rc1)

Posted by Hsuan Yi Chu <hy...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@mapr.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

Abhishek Girish

Senior Software Engineer

(408) 476-9209

<http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.0.0 (rc1)

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Ramana Inukonda <ri...@maprtech.com>.
+1(non binding)

Posted by Tomer Shiran <ts...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <jn...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- do a full mvn build from source on Centos.
- Install to a 3 node Centos cluster.
- run several TPCH queries against tpch scale-factor 100 parquet dataset.
- play with canceling queries while running queries.
- verified md5/sha1 checksum for both src/binary tar ball.

Thanks,

Jinfeng

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Venki Korukanti <venki.korukanti@gmail.com

Posted by Venki Korukanti <ve...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Parth Chandra <pc...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mehant Baid <ba...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Bridget Bevens <bb...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hanifi Gunes <hg...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (binding)

- verified binary sha1 & md5.
- deployed on 3 nodes on Linux
- ran concurrent queries
- arbitrarily cancelled in the middle
- monitored resources

Good to ship.

-Hanifi

Posted by Aman Sinha <as...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.0.0 (rc1)

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)