Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by rahul gundecha <ra...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/12/12 10:39:40 UTC

[users@httpd] response time measurement at apache server

Hi all,

How can I measure the response time at Apache server?

thanks & regards,
-Rahul Gundecha

---------------------------------
 Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger.  Click here

Re: [users@httpd] response time measurement at apache server

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:39 +0000, rahul gundecha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I measure the response time at Apache server?
you can use apache benchmark which will comes as an executable ab.send
the request using ab and it shows all those performance realated
informations.
> thanks & regards,
> -Rahul Gundecha

regs
lahiru

Re: [users@httpd] response time measurement at apache server

Posted by Christian Folini <ch...@post.ch>.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 11:27:19AM +0100, Axel-Stephane  SMORGRAV wrote:
> Have a look at mod_log_config, specifically the %D and %T format strings.

ModSecurity has a few additional timers as well. They do not
appear in the documentation, but are covered in Ivan Ristic's
Apache Security Book, p. 184f.
They allow you to time the request on a reverse proxy and
on the backend seperately within the RP's access log.

It boils down to the following:

LogFormat: ... %D %{mod_security-time1}n %{mod_security-time2}n %{mod_security-time3}n ...

Afterwards you do calculations on these values.

regs,

Christian

RE: [users@httpd] response time measurement at apache server

Posted by Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com>.
Have a look at mod_log_config, specifically the %D and %T format strings.

-ascs