Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2003/03/09 02:04:26 UTC

[NOTICE] *** CVS REPOSITORY SPLITUP ***

[NOTE: This message will go to all cocoon mailing lists. Moderators please
approve accordingly]

Folks,

    being now Sunday in London (and God knows if I'm going to wake up
tomorrow), I actually split the CVS as agreed.

The old "xml-cocoon2" repository has been renamed to "cocoon-2-historical"
and to provide backward compatibility to those relying on CVS checkouts
(users or developers), a symbolic link to the new name is in place so that
both CVS names are "valid" for the same repository.

[NOTE: no one has commit access to "xml-cocoon2" anymore, commit to the old
repository is effectively available through its new "cocoon-2-historical"
name. I know this might sound like painful, but it was done to enforce
developers not to commit to the old repository unless they know what they
are doing]

Two new CVS repositories are in place:

- "cocoon-2.0": containing the latest version of the "cocoon-2-historical"
  repository, cocoon_2_0_3_branch.

- "cocoon-2.1": containing the latest version of the "cocoon-2-historical"
  repository, HEAD checkout.

The old "xml-cocoon" repository has now been moved off to "cocoon-1" (and
that contains the full history of the tree, it has just been renamed).

At the same time, all ViewCVS URL have also changes: please take a note of
the new URLs:

- http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-1/
- http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2-historic/
- http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.0/
- http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/

The old ViewCVS URL trigger a 301 (permanent redirect) to the new locations
(hopefully search engines and stuff will pick up the redirection quickly
enough).

Now everything related to CVS follows the correct ASF-wide naming scheme (no
more xml-* repositories for a top-level-project like Cocoon), and it takes
roughly half of the time to checkout/update both trees on my machine
(because the server has to traverse a much smaller part of the tree).

All the logs of the import are available at <http://cvs.apache.org/~pier/>,
they are quite big, so I spared some bandwidth preventing their divulgation
on the mailing lists (which I believe would have rejected them anyhow).

Also the old deprecated (and now removed, as agreed) "xml-cocoon2-apps"
repository is actually available at the same place, tar-bzip2ed.

This is roughly it. Now, the next step is to move all the mailing list names
from "cocoon-*@xml.apache.org" to "{1}@cocoon.apache.org". Can we schedule a
time when this could be done?

    Pier

Auth components

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
Hi everyone,

I am wondering how to automatically create a user context.

My login will create a guest user if no parameters are passed.
How do I make a guest user without calling the auth-action?

Ie, to load this page....
   <map:match pattern="testpage">
    <map:act type="auth-protect">
     <map:parameter name="handler" value="protection-handler"/>
     <map:generate src="docs/test.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="resources/styles/2html.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize/>
    </map:act>
   </map:match>

I always have to perform a login with blank fields to generate the guest
user. How do I do this automatically?

JD

RE: [NOTICE] *** CVS REPOSITORY SPLITUP ***

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
<http://www.red-bean.com/cvsutils/>

Are very useful when manipulating repositories.

J.

Re: [NOTICE] *** CVS REPOSITORY SPLITUP ***

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 01:04:26AM +0000, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> Folks,
>
>     being now Sunday in London (and God knows if I'm going to wake up
> tomorrow), I actually split the CVS as agreed.

Wiki page created to help people move existing 'xml-cocoon2' checkouts
across:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CVSMigration

--Jeff

Re: [NOTICE] *** CVS REPOSITORY SPLITUP ***

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Seems to work now - thanks!

Geoff