Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by "Tony Stevenson (Apache)" <pc...@apache.org> on 2008/01/15 22:47:57 UTC

Patch for httpd.a.o

Good evening,

Find attached my patch for xdocs/index.xml and docs/index.html
I have commented out the Apachecon image tag, as there is no image
currently available.
This can quite easily be "re-enabled" as and when such an image becomes
available.

Tony

Re: Patch for httpd.a.o

Posted by Astrid 'Kess' Stolper <kk...@gmail.com>.
On Wednesday 16 January 2008 08:43:35 jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Erik Abele wrote:
> >
> > I've added the image which is used on www.apache.org already and also
> > added a paragraph to make sufficient room for it.
> >
> >> Committed.  I THINK it works OK if I set the XML file encoding to
> >> iso-8859-1, set the file encoding to Western (ISO Latin 1) in BBEdit
> >> and just type the ö.  It looks, to me, as if the ö makes it correctly
> >> to the HTML document, but don't know if that looks OK in every browser.
> >
> > Looks fine and should work, though we can also always use "oe" instead
> > of "ö" - like someone did on www.apache.org... :)
>
> "ö" should be &otilde; (&#245;)

Sorry, ö is &ouml;
&otilde; is õ

Kess

Re: Patch for httpd.a.o

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Re: Patch for httpd.a.o

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Re: Patch for httpd.a.o

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
On Tue, January 15, 2008 10:45 pm, Sander Temme wrote:

> Committed.  I THINK it works OK if I set the XML file encoding to
> iso-8859-1, set the file encoding to Western (ISO Latin 1) in BBEdit and
> just type the ö.  It looks, to me, as if the ö makes it correctly to the
> HTML document, but don't know if that looks OK in every browser.

It looked ok in both the XML and the HTML after I had run the build
I could have sworn that I set the encoding to 8859.  But thanks.

Re: Patch for httpd.a.o

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Jan 15, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Tony Stevenson (Apache) wrote:

> Find attached my patch for xdocs/index.xml and docs/index.html
> I have commented out the Apachecon image tag, as there is no image
> currently available.
> This can quite easily be "re-enabled" as and when such an image
> becomes available.

Committed.  I THINK it works OK if I set the XML file encoding to
iso-8859-1, set the file encoding to Western (ISO Latin 1) in BBEdit
and just type the ö.  It looks, to me, as if the ö makes it correctly
to the HTML document, but don't know if that looks OK in every browser.

S.