Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Magesh Umasankar <MU...@LifeTimeFitness.com> on 2000/03/24 16:24:51 UTC

HTTP Request Information

Hi
Headers get lost when I connect to Tomcat 3.1 through Apache.  When Tomcat
3.1 runs as a standalone server, all these headers appear.  Is it a JServ
bug?

This is the sample output of snoop.jsp when I run Tomcat 3.1 as a standalone
web server listening on Port 8080.

Request Information
JSP Request Method: GET
Request URI: /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Request Protocol: HTTP/1.1
Servlet path: /jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Path info: null
Path translated: /usr/local/tomcat3.1/webapps/examples
Query string: null
Content length: -1
Content type: null
Server name: twbsd.foo.net
Server port: 8080
Remote user: null
Remote address: 210.134.234.246
Remote host: 210.134.234.246
Authorization scheme: null
----
The browser you are using is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT;
foo.b1)

This is the sample output of snoop.jsp when I connect to Tomcat 3.1 thru'
Apache.

Request Information
JSP Request Method: GET
Request URI: /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Request Protocol: HTTP/1.0
Servlet path: /jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Path info:
Path translated: /usr/local/tomcat3.1/webapps/examples
Query string: null
Content length: -1
Content type: null
Server name: twbsd.foo.net
Server port: 80
Remote user: null
Remote address: 210.134.234.246
Remote host:
Authorization scheme: null
----
The browser you are using is null

Note in particular that the HTTP Protocol differs!  Similar differences
exist when I run the SnoopServlet too...

Please let me know whether it is a configuration problem or a bug...

Thnx
Magesh

Re: HTTP Request Information

Posted by Costin Manolache <co...@eng.sun.com>.
It's a bug - please use bugzilla, we'll fix it for release ( but you need to add
the bug if you want to be sure it's fixed ).

Costin