Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Anderson <MM...@novell.com> on 2000/08/04 03:04:44 UTC

Posting updates

Hello all,

I'm finally being allowed to work with/on Jakarta.  I've been working with servlets on NetWare for several years and I'm looking forward to finally being able to keep the latest and greatest available on this platform.  Thanks to the great work already done, I've been able to port the connectors for Netscape and Apache to NetWare with minimal changes.  I just have a couple of questions:

1.  Can I still get updates into the 3.1 tree?  Since this is what is currently released, I'd like to make NetWare versions of the binaries and source available if possible.
2.  What do I need to do to get NetWare versions of binaries into the download area?  I have a makefile to build with that I would be happy to include in the source distribution, and can either provide the binaries or help set up an automated build of them.
3.  Is there any idea when 3.2 might be finalized?  (same basic questions as Shawn McMurdo posted earlier.)

Looking forward to getting Jakart on NetWare.

Mike Anderson
Senior Software Engineer
Platform Services Group
mmanders@novell.com
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
www.novel.com