Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andrew Daniel <an...@digispec.com> on 1997/12/01 06:08:22 UTC

os-windows/1497: .exe CGIs will not execute, instead give internal server error.

>Number:         1497
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       .exe CGIs will not execute, instead give internal server error.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
If I try to run an executable (.exe) CGI application with Apache, I get
an Inernal Server Error, instead of the intended output.  My error log shows:
[Sun Nov 30 19:54:54 1997] [error] malformed header from script. Bad header= : c:/apache/htdocs/digispec/cgi-bin/yourip.exe

I also tried adding the "Content-type:..." header to the first line of output,
but to no avial.  Same server message.

*IS* there support for executable CGIs in the Windows port of Apache?

It is an *absolute must* for my applications!  Please contact me as
soon as you can about the current status. I have spend two full days trying
to resolve this before I resorted to bothering you.

Thanks,
Andrew
>How-To-Repeat:
E-Mail me and I can send you the sample .exe CGI to try.  Also let me
know if you have the 32 bit runtime DLL for Visual Basic in your
windows\system subdir, and Ill send that also. (Is needed for the app
to execute)
>Fix:
I have not a clue!  I really wish I could help!  I did add another handler
specifiying exe as an extension, and many other goodies in the conf files,
but simply cannot get the .exe CGI to execute!  I did finally get the Perl
scripts to work before I focused on the .exe problem.

Thanks for *any* help!!%2