Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ingo Herschmann <In...@t-online.de> on 2000/12/04 16:44:05 UTC

Problem with WAP Gateway and Tomcat standalone

Hi there,

We're developing a WAP application and because URL Rewriting using
encodeURL() doesn't work properly when using Tomcat with Apache
(see archive of this list), we have to use Tomcat to run as
standalone on port 8080.

WML pages are shown correct in different WML browsers, but when viewing
on a real phone (using a WAP gateway), the page doesn't display.

Strange thing is, when using Tomcat with Apache, the same Servlet
returning the same WML deck works fine on real phone.

So when using Apache, URL Rewriting doesn't work and in standalone
mode, access to the servlet through WAP gateway doesn't work.

What to do?

I checked the HTTP headers of both (standalone and Apache) and the only
difference is, that Tomcat uses HTTP/1.0 and Apache uses HTTP/1.1 .

Has anyone encountered the same problem or does anyone know a solution
for this?

Thanks

Ingo Herschmann

Re: Problem with WAP Gateway and Tomcat standalone

Posted by Bernhard Wraase <bw...@netkosmos.de>.
> I checked the HTTP headers of both (standalone and Apache) and the only
> difference is, that Tomcat uses HTTP/1.0 and Apache uses HTTP/1.1 .

Try a newer version of tomact.

Bernhard