Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ph...@bayerbbs.com on 2010/04/07 15:26:20 UTC

How to create a simple instance of XWPFDocument with POI?

Hi user-list,

I'm trying to create a simple docx file with POI but I don't know how and
I don't find much information on the web.

I tried the following code (with a lot of help from the Content Assist,
thanks Eclipse!) but the code does not work correctly:

String tmpPathname = aFilename + ".docx";
File tmpFile = new File(tmpPathname);

ZipPackage tmpPackage = (ZipPackage) OPCPackage.create(tmpPathname);
PackagePartName tmpFirstPartName =
PackagingURIHelper.createPartName("/FirstPart");
PackagePart tmpFirstPart = tmpPackage.createPart(tmpFirstPartName,
"ISO-8859-1");

XWPFDocument tmpDocument = new XWPFDocument(tmpPackage); //Exception
XWPFParagraph tmpParagraph = tmpDocument.createParagraph();
XWPFRun tmpRun = tmpParagraph.createRun();
tmpRun.setText("LALALALAALALAAAA");
tmpRun.setFontSize(18);
tmpPackage.save(tmpFile);

The thrown exception is the following:
    at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocumentPart.read(POIXMLDocumentPart.java:235)
    at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocument.load(POIXMLDocument.java:196)
    at
org.apache.poi.xwpf.usermodel.XWPFDocument.<init>(XWPFDocument.java:94)
    at DocGenerator.makeDocxWithPoi(DocGenerator.java:64)
    at DocGenerator.main(DocGenerator.java:50)
Does anybody can help me with my (really simple) requirements?

Best Regards

Philip Gillißen

Bayer Business Services GmbH
BBS-S&T-APS-AD
Leverkusen, 4810
Raum 1.02
Phone: 0214/30-49436
Fax:
E-mail: philip.gillissen@bayerbbs.com
Web: http://www.BayerBBS.com

Geschäftsführung: Vorsitzender Daniel Hartert   |   Arbeitsdirektor
Norbert Fieseler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Klaus Kühn
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen   |   Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895

Antwort: Re: How to create a simple instance of XWPFDocument with POI?

Posted by ph...@bayerbbs.com.
It's already solved, I was too stupid...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2592579/#2592747

Greetings, Philip

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.