Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by P....@albourne.com on 2011/11/08 15:13:38 UTC

Event after completion Tapestry 5 Autocompleter

Hi All,

I am using the Tapestry autocomplete mixin, and I have bound it onto a customized search textfield, my use case is very simple, all I need to do is submit the existing search form after a selection is made in the autocompleter.

I have seen this same question pop-up from time to time on the list, but the existing solutions in these old posts seem a tiny bit hackish for my liking (i.e.: manually rewriting the parameter as a string rather than JSON and overriding the internal mixin class) so I was wandering in Tapestry 5.3 if there is a more elegant way to do this now?

I found this snippet:
> The scriptaculous Ajax.Autocompleter does support
> updateElement and afterUpdateElement methods, but as far as I can tell
> you can't get them into the configuration because the JSONObject
> quotes its attributes (making the function into a string).

>From what I understand, it should be possible to execute the stringified function using eval, (in theory at least... as yet untested), so if this is the case invoking either of those supported methods would be trivial. This appears to be a common use case, and it would be nice to support de-facto, if you agree does a jira sound reasonable?

Kind regards,
Peter