Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ni...@bt.com on 2003/11/04 18:37:14 UTC

Memory error

I'm running Maven on a reasonably large project, and when I generate the
website (site:generate), the memory usage gets obscene. The PMD and
Checkstyle plugins in particular seem to suck up huge amounts of memory,
and then hold on to it. By the time velocity is transforming the
documentation, 200MB of memory are being used, and it gets to be too
much, and an OutOfMemoryError gets thrown. I could probably deal with
this by just increasing the max memory allocation, but it seems that
some tasks / goals are holding onto memory they don't need. The earlier
tasks should all have completed and dumped to files shouldn't they?
What's hanging on to the references?

Anyone have a workaround other than just upping the memory limit on the
JVM? And who knows the preferred way to comment on this to the
development team, a bug report or on the devel list?

Cheers,

Nick

---
Research Engineer