Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/28 15:07:15 UTC

Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Hi All,

I have made the FIFTH beta of Airflow 1.8.0 available at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/> , public keys are available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/> . It is tagged with a local version “apache.incubating” so it allows upgrading from earlier releases.

Issues fixed:
* Parsing errors not showing up in UI fixing a regression**
* Scheduler would terminate immediately if no dag files present

** As this touches the scheduler logic I though it warranted another beta.

This should be the last beta in my opinion and we can prepare changelog, upgrade notes and release notes for the RC (Feb 2).

Cheers
Bolke

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Data point: b5 is working fine for me so far.

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Rc 1 isn't out yet, differences will be small.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.
I see it in the scheduler and in the UI. Currently trying to do a new
upgrade.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 8:00 PM Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please note I will be holding off on the RC, before we understand this
> issue better.
>
> Bolke
>
> > On 31 Jan 2017, at 18:06, Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Alex,
> >
> > Could it actually be that Airflow is doing the right thing? Earlier it
> was swallowing the errors. Where do you see the errors? In the scheduler
> logs, UI, processor logs?
> >
> > - Bolke
> >
> >> On 31 Jan 2017, at 16:25, Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll try to identify the core problem

> have/see
> case.

> back to

> in

> able

> dan.davydov@airbnb.com.

> parsing

> latest

> (like

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/

> >> --
> >> _/
> >> _/ Alex Van Boxel
> >

> --
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hey Alex,

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hey Alex

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Dan Davydov <da...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
@Alex

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

--
  _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
We're upgraded to b5 in dev/prod as of an hour ago. Will keep you posted.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Dan Davydov <dan.davydov@airbnb.com.invalid

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5

Posted by Dan Davydov <da...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 5